Simple rules for hosting your own Instant Album Party:
- Invite a bunch of 'music people.'
- Write names of all participants on slips of paper, which are then folded and placed in a bowl.
- Draw 'Bands' of a predetermined number from the bowl
- No more than 2 bandmates on any team, only 1 if they're regularly a trio.
- Once the first band is drawn, they will descend into the basement, where they will have exactly one hour to write and record basic tracks.
- No further names will be drawn until their hour ends, so no one gets a head start.
- Each band will be granted an additional half-hour for vocals following the subsequent band's initial hour.
- Strict clock enforcement.