7.31.08: Adam’s Bullet Point Summary
Posted on 8.1.08 by adamkempa
- I left work, packed up my drums, hauled them upstairs and loaded them into my car.Â Upon arrival, Zach reminded me we were borrowing the fifty’s drums. Whoops.
- The Google maps directions for 5th Avenue are totally, totally wrong.
- This was the first time since like, 1997 that I’ve been in downtown Royal Oak on a summer evening.Â My eyes were totally opened to what an isolated slice of michigan I exist in, and how that’s pretty much a good thing, because dealing with driving in that would give me a panic attack EVERY DAY.
- This was the first time I’d ever seen Lightning Love (I missed them at the Javelins release show).Â I listened to their myspace songs before the show and was sold (‘Friends’ is the jam), but the live set is even better.Â Like Joanna Newsom fronting a good minimalist pop band.
- I think this is the first show I’ve ever played where random people who had never heard our music were actively and honestly wanting the songs to be danceable so that they could dance without irony.
- During the last song, there’s a break that goes on for an indefinite period.Â Some dude started dancing right in front of the stage, and it was making me laugh, so I stretched it out for longer than normal just so I could watch him.
- Zach mentioned from the stage that our record was available for ten american dollars “…or five Euros.”Â Random german dude in the audience totally bought one for five Euros.Â Then requested his photo be taken with Zach.
- I left my earplugs on the stage.Â Realized it while driving home. Whoops.