8.2.08: Matt’s Bullet Point Summary
Posted on 8.3.08 by mattrickle
- Thunderbirds opened up for The GO! Team last night. It was pure insanity!
- The new patio at Magic Stick is SO NICE! loveitloveit. The discussion ’round the patio was that it encourages people to enjoy life outdoors instead of watching the bands. I disagree though, because in order to get to it, you have to pay for the show. Last night’s cover was 17 bones, you can bet that if I had to pay that I would be getting my money’s worth and checking out the bands.
- Deastro opened the show with his full sized band. 12 year old children laughed and clapped and a good old time. 20-something year old children did the same.
- TAN! followed and I think we played well. It was one of the funnest shows we’ve done in a long time! Pinatas, pirate masks, candy everywhere, yes. I was beat from a show the night before with Javelins up in Mt. Pleasant, but I pulled through okay.
- Didn’t watch Go! Team, but my little brother says they were great. I believe him. They had a HUGE bus that they hung out in until it was time for them to play. This was fine with me because it enabled both Deastro and Ryan Allen to play on their drumkits, which were set up behind us, without any troubles. mischievous!
- During their set, Julian and I went to get some pizza downstairs and saw a tiny little woman walk in with a friend. “Is that Christina Ricci?” says I to Julian. “Nay.” he replies, as we watch her ascend up the stairs. “That’s uh, that’s uh….Is that?” The door guy looks at us and says “Yep.” It wasn’t Ricci, it was Ellen Paige from Juno. Crazy! She’s cute.
- 10 minutes later Jimmy Fallon and Drew Barrymore show up and everyone starts to very coolishly loose their freakin’ minds. I’m sure they’ll be some pictures floating around facebook soon. I love seeing celebs! Paparazzi might just be the profession for me.